TERMS & CONDITIONS ("RULES") OF THE SILVERSTONE RACING CLUB
In these Rules, ‘Club' shall mean Silverstone Racing Club and persons authorised by Silverstone Circuits Limited
- Membership of Silverstone Racing Club is at the discretion of the Club and no person under the age of 16 is eligible to become a member.
- No candidate for membership shall be entitled to any of the privileges of membership until an interval of at least two days has elapsed since his or her acceptance for membership, with the exception of those purchasing a day or weekend pass - subject to availability and limited quantity.
- Admission to the Silverstone Motor Racing Circuit (the “Circuit”) shall only be by valid Season or Event ticket, except where otherwise stated, and is at the discretion of Silverstone Circuits Limited. Membership of the Club does not entitle members to be admitted into the Circuit; membership is solely for use of the Clubhouse and its facilities and other member benefits advertised from time to time.
- Members must notify the Club promptly of any change of address or other contact details.
- The name and address of the Club must not be given by a member as his/her address for any trade, advertising or business purposes or in connection with any legal proceedings.
- On the occasion of their first visit each day to the Clubhouse, each member shall enter their name, membership number and signature in a book that shall be kept at the Clubhouse.
- At the discretion of the Club, members may be permitted to entertain guests upon Club premises. The number of guests a member has on Club premises at any one time shall be no greater than the number of valid guest passes issued to such member. No person who has been rejected as a member of the Club or expelled from membership shall be capable of being admitted to the Club as a guest. The member introducing a guest or guests shall enter the total number of people attending (member and guests) in the book referred to in Rule 6.
- When attending the Club premises or Club functions each member and each guest must display his or her membership or guest pass at all times clearly visible on a lanyard.
- No member or guest shall take away or permit to be taken away any item from the Club under any pretence whatsoever or shall injure or destroy any property of the Club or items that have been loaned to the Club.
- At the sole discretion of the Club, a member or guest may be asked to leave the Club premises and shall do so immediately. This may occur if, in the opinion of the Club, the member or guest is behaving or has behaved in a manner that breaches these Rules; or in a manner likely to cause damage to property belonging to the Club , Silverstone Circuits Limited or any member, or in a manner causing unreasonable annoyance to other members or guests. Failure by any member or guest to comply with a request to leave the premises may result in them being ejected by security staff and the member’s membership being suspended or even revoked.
- Members and guests shall wear suitable apparel when in the Club premises. If so requested by the Club, the member or guest shall make such adjustments to their apparel as are felt necessary or if requested shall leave the premises.
- Opening dates and times of the Club and licensing times may be altered at the discretion of the management and will be in accordance with applicable law and licences.
- No unlawful game shall be played in the Club nor shall any activity be undertaken which would be injurious to the best interests of the Club.
- The Club shall not be responsible under any circumstance for any property left by any member or guest upon the Club premises, including items left in a locker or other storage facility, nor for the custody or forwarding of any letter or other communication, including electronic communication.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Club shall not be responsible for injury or damage to the person or property of any member or any guest of such member under any circumstances whatsoever save in respect of death or personal injury caused by the Club's negligence.
- Members or guests of members shall not be permitted to consume food or drink in the clubhouse during catering service hours other than that purchased on the premises.
- All complaints by members shall be communicated in writing to the Club Administrator who shall bring them to the notice of Silverstone Circuits Limited.
- These Rules may be amended from time to time with the approval of Silverstone Circuits Limited. Any such amendment will be communicated to Members by being displayed prominently on a notice board within the Club.
- These Rules supplement the Terms & Conditions applied by Silverstone Circuits Limited in relation to access to the Circuit which members shall at all times comply with.